- This event has passed.
Angel of Hopefest
The Utica Business Association, August Hill Winery / Illinois Sparkling Co., and Relay for Life Team ‘Angels Among Us’ will host the 4th annual “Angel of HopeFest”!
Where: The event takes place on Mill Street, which will be blocked off between Church and Canal Streets. In the event of inclement weather, the festivities will be held inside the Canal Market building, just one block south of the I&M Canal from downtown.
* We will be serving “Angel of Hope” wine as well as your other AHW and ISC favorites. We created Angel of Hope wine to send a message of awareness and hope for all those whose lives have been touched by cancer. For each bottle sold, $1 is donated to Upper Illinois Relay for Life. Artisan J.T. Dossett, creator of the artwork on “Angel of Hope” wine, will be one of the artists at the event.
* Enjoy free musical entertainment throughout the day.
* Vendors and artisans will have booths along Mill Street. Local merchants and restaurants will also participate in this fundraiser.
* Hike for a Cure 2017 – Also on October 1, Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center will host “Hike for a Cure” from 9-11am. There will be four guided hikes (9, 9:30, 10 and 10:30 am) or participants may hike on their own. Pre-registration is required along with a fee of $20, which includes a donation to Relay for Life. To register, please call (815) 220-7386 or sign up online at www.starvedrocklodge.com.
* The Pink Ribbon Club of the Illinois Valley will sponsor a booth at Starved Rock Lodge’s Hike for a Cure event and representatives from the American Cancer Society/Making Strides for Breast Cancer will have information at Angel of HopeFest on mammograms, programs and breast cancer prevention.
The combined effort of Hike for a Cure and Angel of HopeFest will raise funds for the Upper Illinois Valley Relay for Life.