- This event has passed.
Fizz Fanatic Fun
April 24, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Bubbly Wenzel is getting fizzical!
Get ready for an educational and fun bubbly wine journey with August Hill & ISC winemaker and founder, Mark Wenzel. Everyone is welcome to join Mark for the educational sessions, but if you want to enjoy the ultimate journey, order our Fizz Fanatic bundle so you can truly be a part of the bubbly fun. Since this live session will be happening before dinnertime, we also have suggested food pairings for you to continue your enjoyable evening.
Order the Fizz Fanatic bundle
There are two bubbly options to choose from. Each bundle includes 6 bottles of bubbly, 2 “new” ISC flight glasses, and 2 sparkling wine stoppers!
- Fizz Fanatic Bundle 1 is a mix of ISC and AHW bubbly. This includes ISC Brut, Pét Nat, Sec and Brut Ombré Rosé; August Hill Mardi Gras and Almond Infusion. The total value of this bundle is $175, but your special price for the complete bundle is $120 if you are a Wine Club Member and $135 if you are a non-member. (This is price after discounts are applied at the final checkout and does not include taxes or shipping.)
Order Fizz Fanatic Bundle 1 by clicking here.
- Fizz Fanatic Bundle 2 is all ISC bubbly. This includes ISC Ensemble, Brut, Pét Nat, Brut Ombré Rosé, Sec, and Demi Sec Rosé. The total value of this bundle is $227, but your special price for the bundle is $160 if you are a Wine Club Member and $180 if you are a non-member. There are only 120 of this bundle available. (This is price after discounts are applied at the final checkout and does not include taxes or shipping.)
Order Fizz Fanatic Bundle 2 by clicking here.
Available for curbside pick-up or shipping: Insider Wine Club members receive 50% off shipping; non-members receive 25% off shipping. This special offer available through April 24, while supplies last.
Join our Fizz Fanatic Facebook Live Sessions
Join winemaker Mark to learn more about bubbles in three weekly Facebook live sessions, beginning on Friday, April 24. The sessions will be held on our Illinois Sparkling Co. Facebook page (see the FAQs below for more info). Here are the three sessions:
- Friday, April 24, 5pm start: “Under Pressure”
Bubbly Wenzel will provide so much information about pressure, it might just make your head explode! Differences in creating pressure. How does pressure change? Using sparkling wine stoppers. How long does a bottle keep after opening?
Bundle 1 wines: ISC Brut & AHW Mardi Gras Bundle 2 wines: ISC Brut and ISC Demi Sec Rosé
Carry out dinner suggestion: Cajun food or fried chicken
- Friday, May 1, 5pm start: “Why can’t I call it Champagne”
Discussion on the different processes of getting bubbles in the bottle. Is it Champagne? Is it Sparkling Wine? Or is it Neither?
Bundle 1 & 2 wines: ISC Pét Nat & ISC Sec.
Carry out dinner suggestion: Pizza or shrimp/fish
- Friday, May 8, 5pm start: “Popping your bubble”
Perfecting the Bubble. How do bubbles form? What pops your bubble?
Bundle 1 wines: ISC Brut Ombré Rosé & AHW Almond Infusion Bundle 2 wines: ISC Brut Ombré Rosé & ISC Ensemble
Cook-out/carryout suggestion: Burgers or brats with fries
- Why is Bubbly Wenzel doing this? First, it’s about education and these are topics that our staff and many customers enjoy Bubbly Wenzel talking about. Secondly, we are in some strange times and Bubbly Wenzel needs to get out of the vineyard and winery and start selling more wine. Finally, let’s have a BUBBLY Good Time!
- Why are you sending glassware? You’ll be the first to try out our new ISC flight glasses, which are perfect for enjoying bubbles. Bubbly Wenzel really enjoys bubbles out of these glasses, and we think you’ll love them as much as we do! If you prefer your own glassware, that is perfectly fine.
- Why are you sending sparkling wine stoppers? No fear, you won’t have to drink all your bubbles that evening. Unfortunately sparkling wine corks can not fit back into the bottle, but Bubbly Wenzel will talk about how these stoppers will keep bubbles in your wine.
- Can I purchase my own wines for the tasting? Sure, anyone can follow this tasting, but Bubbly Wenzel will be focusing on the wines selected for the two options of the Fizz Fanatic Bundles.
- Can I add to my order? Of course you can add wines to your order, and you can save more! If you make your order a full case shipment, you will get the case shipment discount on the bundle and the additional wine you purchase. Call us at the Tasting Room at 815-667-5211 if you want to add additional wines to your order.
- I have never used Facebook Live, how do I use that? You will need to have a Facebook account to join in the fun live. On the day and time of the event, simply go to this link: https://www.facebook.com/IllinoisSparklingCo/live/ . If you are not on Facebook, you will have the option to view the videos after they are completed on our YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/c/IllinoisSparklingCoNorthUtica