- This event has passed.
Illinois Bicentennial Rosé Wine Day Celebration
June 9, 2018
What better way to celebrate “Rosé Wine Day” than with our Illinois Bicentennial rosé wines! National Rosé Wine Day is on June 9 and is a day for rosé lovers to gather together and celebrate. Here’s how we are celebrating at the Tasting Room:
Wine & Popcorn Flights
We teamed up with our local friends at FlutterBy Popcorn for this flight. Enjoy a flight of 3 rosé wines and 3 types of popcorn for only $13. Flights are available all day, from 10am-8pm. Our 2 Illinois Bicentennial wines are included in this flight!
- AHW Chambourcin Rosé with Cincinnati Chili Cheese Popcorn
- AHW La Belle Rosé with Grape Popcorn
- ISC Demi Sec Rosé with Bicentennial Popcorn (specially made by FlutterBy Popcorn for the occasion)
Enjoy live music by Jim Gedda from 4:30-7:30 pm
Chill off with a Frozé
Our August Hill Chill flavors are Chambourcin Rosé & La Belle Rosé for the occasion. Enjoy one or both of these “Frozé Rosé” options!
Enjoy a Glass or Share a Bottle of Rosé
We have 5 rosé wines that we produce at August Hill Winery & Illinois Sparkling Co. Enjoy a glass or share a bottle with a group of friends to celebrate the occasion.
- August Hill Winery Chambourcin Rosé (Illinois Bicentennial Wine)
- August Hill Winery La Belle Rosé (Illinois Bicentennial Wine)
- Illinois Sparkling Co. Brut Ombré Rosé (traditional method sparkling wine)
- Illinois Sparkling Co. Brut Rosé de Saignée (traditional method sparkling wine)
- Illinois Sparkling Co. Demi Sec Rosé (traditional method sparkling wine)
Learn more about Rosé wines
Have fun, ask our staff questions about our rosés. We’ll also have a fun fact sheet available for you with some interesting info about rosé wines.
About the Bicentennial Rosé Wines
In partnership with the Illinois Bicentennial Commission, the Illinois Grape Growers & Vintners Alliance selected 16 Illinois rosé wines to celebrate Illinois’ 200th birthday this year! In order to be selected, wines had to be still wines (not sparkling) and meet both quality and stylistic goals. These standards were established by collaborative efforts between industry members and grape and wine specialists. We were very excited to learn that our two August Hill rosé wines were selected as official Bicentennial wines.