- This event has passed.
Wine Club Wine on the Hill
July 18, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Since we can’t host our typical Wine Club Will Call event at the Tasting Room this month, we invite our Wine Club members to join us for “Wine Club Wine on the Hill” at our August Hill & ISC winery and vineyard. Enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Illinois Valley, live music by James Gedda, and your favorite wine while hanging out on our hill.
One $5 Ticket = One Parking Spot
Tickets are for reserved parking because we only have 40 spots at the winery. One ticket is good for admittance for 1 car to the Wine on the Hill event (groups at the event are limited to 10 people per Illinois COVID guidelines). The cost for Wine Club members is $5 per car. Click here to reserve your spot. Please note, when ordering it will ask for number of “attendees”; you will choose 1 for one car and 2 for 2 cars.
Wine Orders & Pre-Ordering – wine available by the bottle only
- Pre-orders: To make sure we have your wine properly chilled for you to enjoy at the event, please pre-order your wine when reserving your spot for the event. IMPORTANT: When placing your order online, please select “Pickup at Wine on the Hill event” when you get to the checkout area. Click here to order August Hill. Click here to order ISC bubbly.
- Purchase wine to take home: We will have order forms available at the event. We will get your wine ready for you so it is available when you are ready to leave.
- Wine Club pick-up orders and wine tasting kits are not available at the event.
All Wine Club Pick Up Orders only available at the Tasting Room
Your July wine club orders (and any other wine club orders) are only available for pick up at our Tasting Room in Utica, IL. If you are picking up your order prior to coming to the event, we recommend storing it in a cooler to protect it from the heat. The procedures for Wine Club pick up weekend can be found here.
Stone Jug BBQ is offering delivery to the event. To order, call Stone Jug at 815-780-8275 and let them know you are ordering for the August Hill event. Click here to view the menu.
Venue & Accessibility
The venue is a large, grassy hillside overlooking the Illinois Valley. Depending on where you choose to sit, the climb varies between slightly challenging and quite challenging. We will have two porta pots and a hand washing station on site.
James Gedda & Jack Whittle, 1:30pm – 4:30 pm
Parking is limited to 40 vehicles. We will have a person guiding arrivals into parking spots for the first hour. If no parking attendant is present, please follow the layout and conserve more spots for others arriving later. Then check in with our staff and pick up your chilled wine.
What to Bring
- Drinkware: You can bring your own or we have some available for purchase or plastic cups for free.
- Snacks or other food (if you are not pre-ordering from Stone Jug BBQ)
- Cooler with ice (to keep your wine chilled)
- Bottled water
- Blanket and/or lawn chairs for seating (for steeper areas of the hill, a blanket works best; chairs work fine on flatter surfaces)
- Small tent or umbrella for shade is allowed, but please be respectful of others when staking your spot
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- A smile on your face (we will have ours!)
Other important info
- Social distancing: Our hillside is a large area, so please follow CDC social distancing guidelines and place your seating a minimum of 6 feet away from other parties and the walkways.
- Party-size restriction: No more than 10 people in your group please, per Illinois guidelines.
- We will not be providing any winery or vineyard tours.
- Dogs are allowed, but must remain on a leash. We will have specific marked “bathroom” areas for dogs; please use this area and clean up after your dog.
- Smoking is only allowed in the designated smoking area.
- The following are NOT permitted at this event: outside alcohol, marijuana, firearms
- Grilling is not allowed.
- Wine Club orders cannot be picked up at this event; only at the Tasting Room.
- If we need to cancel because of weather, we will send you an email prior to the event and give you the option to re-schedule for another Wine on the Hill or receive a refund for your pre-ordered event ticket and wine.
There is NO signage from the road stating “August Hill Winery.” Please use Google Maps Pinpoint to find us; the pinpoint is: https://goo.gl/maps/ouxzULMX7oXxFHPS9. If you look at satellite view, you can see our spot. Here are the written directions (note both of these are coming from the north, so if coming from the south you will need to turn at the road at the bottom of the hill prior to crossing the river):
From Peru, IL on Rt. 251 to Winery & Vineyard
From Peru, go south on Rt. 251 over the Illinois River Bridge. Turn right at first road after you cross bridge (2551st Rd). Follow curved road @1 mile to “T” and turn right (still 2551st Rd.) Our winery is about 1.7 miles on left, offset up on the hill. The winery building is white with a burgundy roof, and there are a couple of semi trailers parked up near it. Also, there is a blue sign near the entrance of driveway saying our address: 21N 2551Rd. GPS: 41.299550, -89.163228
From Spring Valley, IL on Rt-89
From Spring Valley, stay on Rt-89 crossing the Illinois River Bridge. Before going up the steep hill, turn left on road (2551st Rd). Travel on road for about 1.5 miles where curves around a farm on right. Just after the curve, you will see the winery offset on the right up on the hill. Our winery building is white with a burgundy roof, and there are a couple of semi trailers parked up near it. Also, there is a blue sign near the entrance of driveway saying our address: 21N 2551Rd. GPS: 41.299550, -89.163228