You don’t need an excuse to drink wine… but it’s always nice to have one. August Hill & ISC to the rescue! Keep track of all the wine holidays so you never miss one again! Here are some of our favorite holidays, and an idea or two on which wine to pair with the special day.
- January 10: International Champagne and French Fry Day
- Pair today with: Pét Nat Rosé
- March 3: National Mulled Wine Day
- Pair today with: Spice Mix Bundles
- March 13: National Riesling Day
- Pair today with: Vignoles, Sweet William, or Indigo – These light and refreshing wines share similarities with Riesling.
- March 24: National Cocktail Day
- Pair today with: Indigo or Emerald Apple – These two specialty wines can each make a colorful and delicious cocktail!
- April 7: National Beer Day
- Pair today with: Pét Nats – Beer-lovers typically love our Pét Nat wines because of their yeast notes.
- April 17: National Malbec Day
- Pair today with: Chambourcin Reserve – With its soft tannins and smooth finish, this dry red wine is similar to Malbec.
- May 6: National Sauvignon Blanc Day
- Pair today with: Seyval Blanc – Like Sauvignon Blanc, this pick is a light and crisp white wine made from a single varietal.
- May 9: National Moscato Day
- Pair today with: Moscato
- May 16: National Mimosa Day
- Pair today with: M.Y.O. Mimosas
- May 17: National Juice Slush Day
- Pair today with: Chill Mix Bundles
- May 25: National Chardonnay Day
- Pair today with: Chardonel – Chardonnay is Chardonel’s parent grape.
- July 1-7: Sparkling Wine Week
- Pair this week with: Any ISC sparkling wine!
- July 25: National Wine and Cheese Day
- Pair today with: Sweet Catawba or Pét Nat Rosé – Both of these Rosés pair nicely with cheeses.
- July 27: National Shiraz Day (also called Syrah in different parts of the world)
- Pair today with: Berlyn, Red Letter, Chambourcin Reserve, Ginocchio, or Triplicity (both Ginocchio and Triplicity contain Syrah grapes) – Between heavy, semi-dry, and off-dry, these red wines are similar to various types of Shiraz.
- August 5: National Mead Day
- Pair today with: Chardonel, Moscato, or ISC Sec – All of these wines have notes of honey, which is the main ingredient in Mead.
- August 13: National Prosecco Day
- Pair today with: Sec or Demi Sec Rosé – While “Sec” means “dry,” all of these wines contain a hint of sweetness.
- August 18: National Pinot Noir Day
- Pair today with: Chambourcin Reserve – These smooth, dry reds share similar characteristics.
- August 28: National Red Wine Day
- Pair today with: Red August Hill Wines
- August 30: National Cabernet Sauvignon Day
- Pair today with: Norton, Ginocchio, or Triplicity (both Ginocchio and Triplicity contain Cabernet Sauvignon grapes) – While these dry reds are similar to Cabernet Sauvignon, Norton has a brighter acidity and Ginocchio is less intense than huge Cabernets.
- September 1: National Chianti Day
- Pair today with: Ginocchio – Both of these wines are premium, dry red blends.
- September 30: National Hot Mulled Cider Day
- Pair today with: Limited Edition ISC Spirit Cider or Spice Mix Bundles
- October 31: National Caramel Apple Day
- Pair today with: Caramel Apple (what else?!)
- November 7: National Merlot Day
- Pair today with: Ginocchio (contains Merlot grapes) or Triplicity – These are all medium-bodied, dry red wines.
- November 16: Beaujolais Nouveau Day
- Pair today with: 2022 Nouveau
- November 17: National Zinfandel Day
- Pair today with: Chambourcin Rosé or Sweet William – These two bright and refreshing picks share similarities with Zinfandel wines.
- December 4: National Cabernet Franc Day
- Pair today with: Norton or Ginocchio – When our AHW Cabernet Franc is not available, these two dry reds are great substitutes.
- December 20: National Sangria Day
- Pair today with: Trapolino (and your favorite fruits!)
- December 31: National Champagne Day
- Pair today with: Any ISC Traditional Method Sparkling Wine – Champagne is also produced using the Traditional Method!